William BOND was born in Wollaston in Northamptonshire, England, and he married Elizabeth BALL at Pitsford. William was a grazier, and the family were living at Knuston, near Irchester, when William and then Elizabeth died within weeks of each other, leaving children Elizabeth, Mary, Lydia and James still under the age of 21 years.
In 1800 James married Martha PRATT in Harrold, Bedfordshire. (Martha descended from Richard DENTON and Ann MASON of Keysoe and Puddington - or Podington). The males in the family tended to be agricultual labourers, the women were mostly lace makers.
James and Martha had 4 children, all of whom married in Irchester in Northamptonshire:
- Lydia, who married James SIMONS
- Frederick, who married Sophia GOOSEY
- William, who married Elizabeth RUFF
- Felix, who married Bethiah GROOM
William Bond and Elizabeth (nee RUFF) had several children, amongst them was Thomas - who later emigrated to the colony of Victoria, Australia where he worked as a farm servant at Boroondara (now part of Melbourne). There he met and married Rebecca MILLS. They had the following children:
- William Robert Mills BOND, who married Henrietta CHILDS and migrated to South Africa
- Frederick Leonard BOND, who married Alice Mary LEE
- George Thomas BOND, who married Frances Catherine SANTLEY
- Florence Elizabeth BOND
- Henry James BOND, who married Millicent CARTER
- Blanche Edith BOND, who married John Alfred STARR
- Louisa Evelyn BOND, who married William Francis ARNOLD